When it comes to a fast & delish lunch or dinner option, it doesn’t get better (or easier) than chicken salad! It’s definitely one of my go-to dishes when I want a delicious meal without a lot of effort. I use a store-bought rotisserie chicken to make this dish as simple as possible to put together. Just mix in your favorite ingredients and you’re in business. The possibilities for this salad are endless. Some perfect add-ins are grapes, green onions, celery, nuts of all kind, and dried fruits such as cranberries, currants & apricots. I also love adding fresh herbs into my chicken salad, like dill, parsley or tarragon. I’ve got my favorites (almonds, apple, and raisins) in this chicken salad, so feel free to mix and match your faves!
1/3 to 1/2 cup canola mayo
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
2 cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 Granny Smith apple, diced
1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1/4 cup golden raisins
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
salt and pepper, to taste
Cut the chicken into a 3/4-inch dice.
Place the chicken in a bowl; add the mayonnaise, mustard, red wine vinegar and toss well.
Add the chopped apples, almonds, raisins and parsley, toss again.
Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Serve in a sandwich, or lay a scoop on some mixed salad greens for a light and refreshing dinner.
- ⅓ to ½ cup canola mayo
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ of a Granny Smith apple, diced
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut the chicken into a ¾-inch dice.
- Place the chicken in a bowl; add the mayonnaise, mustard, red wine vinegar and toss well.
- Add the chopped apples, almonds, raisins and parsley, toss again.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for 2-3 days.