I don’t know a Latin/Hispanic person who didn’t grow up eating food seasoned with Adobo. This versatile spice blend of salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano is a staple in many Latin kitchens, but the popular brands feature MSG, not something I’m keen on consuming willingly. My homemade blend captures all the flavors of the bottled stuff, without any unnecessary additives! Sprinkle it on meats, seafood, eggs, and more, there’s nothing that you can’t kick up a notch with a sprinkle of Adobo!
2 tablespoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon ground turmeric
Measure out the spice ingredients.
Place the spices into a bowl and mix thoroughly.
Store the Adobo mix in an airtight jar, for up to 1 year.
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- Measure out and combine the ingredients.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 year.