The weather is (finally) warming up, and for me, that means fresh veggies and lots of outdoor dining. I usually forgo using the stove, in favor of no-cook dishes and grill-ready meals. This summer corn salad captures the flavors of the Southwest, is a perfect side dish for any grilled meal, and is so easy to put together! In fact, I’ll bet you have most of these ingredients sitting in your fridge already. Try this fresh twist on plain old corn, and you’ll find yourself making this all summer long.
1 cup fresh corn kernels
1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup red onion, diced
1/3 cup plum tomato, diced
1 ripe avocado, diced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
Juice of 1/2 a lime
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
Chop and combine all the ingredients, then season with salt and pepper, and serve!
This recipe couldn’t be simpler, so feel free to play with the ingredients. I like adding black beans, diced jalapenos, diced pineapple or mango, and different herbs, like basil or tarragon.
The sky’s the limit!
- 1 cup corn kernels
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup green bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ⅓ cup plum tomato, diced
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Juice of ½ a lime
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Chop all the veggies and place in a bowl.
- Add the lime juice and olive oil, then toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper, then serve.